Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit routtcountyunitedway.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
- For the 32nd year, the Steamboat Springs Board of Realtors will be hosting the Community Christmas Dinner. The organization is seeking food donations, volunteers and cash donations for the event. To sign up for the event, visit signupgenius.com/go/4090549aaae2ca4f58-2016.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
- Volunteers needed to ring bells at City Market or Safeway for weekends between Black Friday and Christmas and the week before Christmas. All of the money raised will be allocated to health and crisis services in Routt County. One-hour timeslots will be available starting at 10:30 a.m. It is great for groups to block out the whole day. Go to routtcountyunitedway.org to sign up or call 970-879-5605 for more information.
- Routt County Council on Aging is looking for a meal delivery person. The meal deliveries have grown so much that they are in need of two drivers on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday for Steamboat Springs. Hours start around 11:30 a.m. and the route takes about an hour. Anyone interested can stop by the Steamboat Community Center on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., speak with a staff member and fill out an application.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
- Chopper-Freestyle Moguls on VooDoo is in need of volunteers for between rounds when choppers utilize shovels to chop and level the snow in the landing areas below the jumps on the mogul course. The event is from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 20 through Dec. 22 and Jan. 7 through Jan. 12. The chopper receives one ticket to access the hill for the day they are working and one voucher to use for a future day on the mountain. Lunch is provided. Bring your own beverage. To volunteer, contact Kevin Sankey at email@example.com.
- LiftUp of Routt County is always in need of food donations. Items must be sealed/unused and not expired. Items can be dropped off at the food bank building’s double doors from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. LiftUp also needs “Grocery Rescue” volunteers to pick up food from grocery stores and bring it to the Food Bank. Contact 970-875-3448 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Colorado State Patrol Trooper Jacob Best encountered one of the most unique situations he’s seen in 15 years of duty Friday in a high-speed horse pursuit on Interstate 70 near Eagle.