Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit routtcountyunitedway.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
- Steamboat Creates is looking for a data entry volunteer extraordinaire who enjoys detail-oriented computer work and the satisfaction of starting and completing a task. Steamboat Creates, Steamboat Springs’ Creative District, is designed to nurture the arts so creativity flourishes. Steamboat Creates is a space where artists can have a voice, where they can transform their dreams, emotions, perspectives and world views into art that can literally change the way we see the world. This volunteer opportunity is located in the Depot Art Center on 13th Street. Contact email@example.com or call 970-879-9008 for more information or to get involved.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
- The Piknik Theatre is looking for volunteers to assist with its latest production of “Hamlet,” beginning on Oct. 3. Nicely dressed ushers are needed for all performances, from 6 to 10 p.m. on Oct. 3 through 5 and Oct. 10 through 12. Volunteers are also needed to help with equipment set up and hanging curtains. Volunteers get free admission to the show. For more information or to sign up, contact Stuart at 970-355-9403.
- Mountain Village Montessori Charter School is looking for volunteers to lead a weekly workshop of their choosing to share with a small group of no more than 10 students. Workshops must be hands on, such as crafting, science experiments, dance, music, photography, sports, games, card games or reading groups. Mountain Village Montessori currently has volunteers teaching knitting, music, card games, Native American crafts, bookmaking, sewing, sports and much more. These enrichment workshops will take place once a week, at 2 p.m. every Wednesday beginning Oct. 23, for eight to nine weeks. For more information or to sign up, contact Elizabeth Meissner at 970-879-6653 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Love to cook? Routt to Work is looking for volunteers to provide meals on Monday evenings for its Step It Up class. Step It Up is an eight-week class that teaches participants a structured goal achievement process that they use to accomplish small goals in each of the five aspects of life (personal, financial, health, employment/career and family). The class runs through Oct. 28 at 5:30 p.m. To learn more or to sign up to provide a meal, contact Beth Lavely at email@example.com or call 970-870-5291.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
- Casey’s Pond is looking for tech-savvy volunteers to create musical playlists or take videos of our residents sharing about their lives. Contact Cathy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-457-4874 if interested. They are also in need of old smartphones to be donated and used as individualized music players for residents. Drop off at the concierge desk or contact Cathy at 970-457-4874 with questions.
- Routt County Council on Aging needs volunteers one day per month to help senior citizens with simple home projects. Tasks are fairly light in nature and should take about one hour to complete. Contact email@example.com for more details.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.