Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit routtcountyunitedway.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
- Individuals who receive services from Horizons Specialized Services are looking to spend more time in the community. Whether it be a cup of coffee or cheering on the home team, weekly one-hour outings will impact their lives and yours through the Horizons one-on-one mentorship program. Activities are structured around availability and shared interests. Horizons also offers weekly programs including arts and crafts, bowling and snowshoeing. Call Tommy at 970-879-4466 to find out more.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
- Advocates of Routt County is hosting a Volunteer Training Academy for the Advocates 24/7 Safeline on Tuesday and Thursday evenings during the month of October. Advocates serves all victims and survivors of domestic and sexual abuse in Routt County. Advocates is looking for empathetic, compassionate people interested in helping people in need in the community. The training provides a certification that gives the volunteer a certificate and guarantees confidential privilege when working with clients. The training is free and the work can be incredibly rewarding. Contact Marnie Christensen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-879-2034 extension 102 to sign up for the training.
- Love to cook? Routt to Work is looking for volunteers to provide meals on Monday evenings for their Step It Up class. Step It Up is an eight-week class that teaches participants a structured goal achievement process that they use to accomplish small goals in each of the five aspects of life (personal, financial, health, employment/career and family). The class runs through Oct. 28 at 5:30 p.m. To learn more or to sign up to provide a meal, contact Beth Lavely at email@example.com or call 970-870-5291.
- Reaching Everyone Preventing Suicide is looking for event day volunteers to help with the 2019 Yampa Valley Wellness Conference, which directly addresses health and well-being concerns in the Yampa Valley. This year’s conference takes place on Friday, Nov. 1. Call 970-846-8182 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to get involved.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
- Sk8 Church is looking for volunteers to donate meals on Mondays and Thursdays for high school and college students. This is a great way to serve the youth in Steamboat and the surrounding communities. Eating a meal together at each of the Sk8 Church programs every week creates a comfortable space for students and leaders to connect and build relationships. Call 970-879-2222 or email email@example.com to get involved.
- Boys and Girls Club of Steamboat is looking for volunteers to work with children after school from 3 to 5:30 p.m. Volunteer roles include reading with children, tutoring, homework help and teaching basic computer skills. There are also general assistance roles available, from working as a game room helper to a front desk worker. Contact Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-871-3185 for more information.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User