Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit routtcountyunitedway.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
- Advocates of Routt County is hosting a Volunteer Training Academy for the Advocates 24/7 Safeline on Tuesday and Thursday evenings during the month of October. Advocates serves all victims and survivors of domestic and sexual abuse in Routt County. They are looking for empathetic, compassionate people who are interested in helping people in need in the community. The training provides a certification that gives the volunteer a certificate and guarantees confidential privilege when working with clients. The training is completely free. Contact Marnie Christensen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-879-2034 extension 102 to sign up for the training.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
- Yampa Valley Sustainability Council is looking for several volunteers to greet guests at tour home sites during the Sustainable Home Tour on Sept. 22 from 1 to 4 p.m. Volunteers will assist for half the tour and earn free admission to the other half of the tour. To volunteer, contact Suzie at email@example.com or call 970-367-1950.
- Northwest Colorado Health is looking for volunteers to help assist with the Emerald Mountain Running Series Race on Saturday, Sept. 21 with various volunteer shifts from 7 to 11 a.m. Call Kyleigh at 970-871-7609 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- STARS is looking for event support at the Biking the Boat: Pedal for a Purpose charity ride on Sept. 21. Email email@example.com or call 970-870-1950.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
- Partners in Routt County needs volunteer Senior Partners for their Youth Mentoring Program, to be a role model for youth in need of positive guidance, support and fun. Partners in Routt County provides all types of support, training and activities to help make these partnerships successful. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-879-6141 for more information.
- LiftUp of Routt County is always in need of food donations. Items must be sealed, unused and not expired. Items can be dropped off at the food bank building’s double doors Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. LiftUp also needs Grocery Rescue volunteers to pick up food from grocery stores and bring it to the Food Bank. Contact 970-875-3448 or email email@example.com for more information.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.