Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit routtcountyunitedway.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
- Advocates of Routt County is hosting a Volunteer Training Academy for the Advocates 24/7 Safeline on Tuesday and Thursday evenings during the month of October. Advocates serves all victims and survivors of domestic and sexual abuse in Routt County. They are looking for empathetic, compassionate people who are interested in helping people in need in the community. The training provides a certification that gives the volunteer a certificate and guarantees confidential privilege when working with clients. The training is completely free. Contact Marnie Christensen at email@example.com or call 970-879-2034 extension 102 to sign up for the training.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
- Yampa Valley Sustainability Council is looking for several volunteers to greet guests at tour home sites during the Sustainable Home Tour on Sept. 22 from 1 to 4 p.m. Volunteers will assist for half the tour and earn free admission to the other half of the tour. To volunteer, contact Suzie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-367-1950.
- Northwest Colorado Health is looking for volunteers to help assist with the Emerald Mountain Running Series Race on Saturday, Sept. 21 with various volunteer shifts from 7 to 11 a.m. Call Kyleigh at 970-871-7609 or email email@example.com.
- STARS is looking for event support at the Biking the Boat: Pedal for a Purpose charity ride on Sept. 21. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-870-1950.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
- Partners in Routt County needs volunteer Senior Partners for their Youth Mentoring Program, to be a role model for youth in need of positive guidance, support and fun. Partners in Routt County provides all types of support, training and activities to help make these partnerships successful. Contact email@example.com or call 970-879-6141 for more information.
- LiftUp of Routt County is always in need of food donations. Items must be sealed, unused and not expired. Items can be dropped off at the food bank building’s double doors Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. LiftUp also needs Grocery Rescue volunteers to pick up food from grocery stores and bring it to the Food Bank. Contact 970-875-3448 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Unit 12 at Storm Meadows Townhomes harkens back to a time when people on the ski slopes donned flared Lycra pants, wore their hair big and “hot dogging” had just gotten its…