Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit routtcountyunitedway.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
- STARS needs volunteers to help instruct summer programming, including mountain biking, horseback riding, kayaking and more. Training will be provided. A background check is required. Contact Ron@steamboatstars.com or call 970-870-1950.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
- Volunteer at the Steamboat Lake Triathlon on July 28 and the Steamboat Triathalon at Lake Catamount on Aug. 11. You will be placed on the swim, bike or run course, helping in the transition area or at the finish line. Your shift will last no more than four to five hours. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Tour de Steamboat is back. Multiple volunteer opportunities are available to help support riders around Routt County and beyond on July 20. Contact Abi at email@example.com or call 970-819-0781 to get involved in this fun event.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
- Young Tracks Preschool needs a few good helpers for a quarterly deep clean of their building. The project will take two to four hours. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-879-5790.
- UCHealth/Yampa Valley Medical Center needs crafty volunteers to sew walker bags for patients to take home. This is a great opportunity for a sewist with leftover fabric. A pattern is provided. Contact email@example.com or call 970-870-1146.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Steamboat hospital’s newly expanded emergency department gets major test on its first day (with photo gallery)
On what should have been a slow mud season Thursday afternoon, the freshly renovated emergency department at UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center was put to the test on the first official day of its completion.