Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit routtcountyunitedway.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
• Routt County Humane Society is in need of volunteers to help clean shelter kennels on mornings and weekends. Visit routthumane.org or call 970-879-7247.
• Routt County Council on Aging is in need of volunteers for about an hour one day per month to help seniors around the house, including changing light bulbs, moving items to lower shelves, changing smoke detector batteries and more. Email email@example.com or stop by the Council on Aging office in the Steamboat Springs Community Center, 1597 Lincoln Ave.
• Northwest Colorado Health is in need of volunteers to help with office work, agency events, helping patients with paperwork and answering questions. Contact 970-871-7609 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Horizons Specialized Services participants are looking for opportunities to spend time in the community. Whether it be grabbing a cup of coffee, running an errand or cheering on the home team, the weekly, one-hour outings will be structured around volunteer availability and shared interests. Call 970-879-4466.
• Casey’s Pond Senior Living is in need of volunteers to lead a Scrabble game at 1:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Contact email@example.com or 970-457-4874.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
• UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center is in need of volunteers to help staff with rocking and feeding in the Infant Room as well as playing with babies at GrandKids Child Care Center. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-870-1146.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.