Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit routtcountyunitedway.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
• Boys & Girls Club of Steamboat Springs is in need of volunteers to work with children from 3 to 5:30 p.m. each day after school. Opportunities include arts and crafts, homework, physical education and various recreational activities. Contact email@example.com or 970-871-3185.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
• Partners in Routt County is in need of caring adults to be matched as a mentor to one of 25 youths on a waiting list. Volunteers are asked to spend a few hours each week with a child ages 7 to 17 doing activities, helping with schoolwork and being a friend. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Casey’s Pond Senior Living Community is in need of volunteers to be one-on-one friends with residents. Contact email@example.com or 970-457-4874.
• UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center is in need of volunteers to help provide music to enhance patient and family member experiences. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-870-1146.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
• Horizons Specialized Services participants are looking for opportunities to spend time in the community. Whether it be grabbing a cup of coffee, running an errand or cheering on the home team, the weekly one-hour outings will be structured around volunteer availability and shared interests. Call 970-879-4466.
• Integrated Community is in need of volunteers one hour per week to work with students in kindergarten through fifth grade on literacy or math. Contact email@example.com or stop by the office at 443 Oak St.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.