Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit routtcountyunitedway.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
• Partners in Routt County is in need of caring adults to be matched as a mentor to one of 25 youths on the waiting list. Volunteers are asked to spend a few hours each week with a child ages 7 to 17 doing activities, helping with schoolwork and being a friend. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Casey’s Pond Senior Living is in need of bingo volunteers at 3:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Contact email@example.com or 970-457-4874.
• Sk8 Church is in need of volunteers to help record, edit and publish videos and photos of members skating. Call 970-879-2222, email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by Sk8 Church, 2851 Riverside Plaza.
• Routt County Humane Society is in need of dog walkers and kennel cleaners in the mornings and on weekends. Apply at routthumane.org or call 970-879-7247.
• Northwest Colorado Health is in need of Hospice Program volunteers to enhance the quality of care for hospice clients, give caregivers time away as well as provide physical and emotional support and companionship to clients. Northwest Colorado Health provides hospice training in the spring and fall. Contact 970-871-7609 or email@example.com.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
• UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center is in need of volunteers to help deliver warm cookies and beverages to patients and families in the Patient Care Unit and Cancer Center. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-870-1146.
• Routt County Women United is in need of volunteers to help students with homework and reading after school in the elementary school libraries. Sign up at routtcountyunitedway.org. For more information, call 970-879-5605 or email email@example.com.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.