Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit routtcountyunitedway.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
The Luck of the Irish 7K is in need of volunteers to help direct runners on the course and to help with timing. Shifts are one to 1 1/2 hours from 8:45 to 10:15 a.m. Saturday, March 16. Proceeds raised at the event will benefit Steamboat Springs Middle School running programs. Contact 970-846-2722 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
• Partners in Routt County is in need of caring adults to be matched as a mentor to one of 25 youths on the waiting list. Volunteers are asked to spend a few hours each week with a child ages 7 to 17 doing activities, helping with schoolwork and being a friend. Email email@example.com.
• Mountain Village Montessori is in need of volunteers to teach or help with Wednesday Workshops. The weekly program is designed to enrich the lives of students in a creative and hands-on way. Workshop leaders are needed from 2 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays from March 20 to May 22. Those with a trade, skill, hobby or interest to share with students ages 6 to 12 are encouraged to sign up. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-879-6653.
• Routt County Humane Society is in need of dog walkers and kennel cleaners in the mornings and on weekends. Apply at routthumane.org or call 970-879-7247.
• UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center is in need of volunteers in the free lending library to help physicians, staff and community members research medical topics and check out books. Contact email@example.com or 970-870-1146.
• Horizons Specialized Services participants are looking for opportunities to spend time in the community. Whether it be grabbing a cup of coffee, running an errand or cheering on the home team, the weekly one-hour outings will be structured around volunteer availability and shared interests. Call 970-879-4466.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
• Advocates of Routt County is in need of agency volunteers to support office staff by helping with organizing, filing and computer work. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-879-2034.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User