Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit RouttCountyUnitedWay.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
Mountain Village Montessori is in need of volunteers to teach or help with Wednesday Workshops. The weekly program is designed to enrich the lives of students in a creative and hands-on way. Workshop leaders are needed from 2 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays from March 20 to May 22. Those with a trade, skill, hobby or interest to share with students ages 6 to 12 are encouraged to sign up. Contact Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-879-6653 to get involved.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
• Routt County Council on Aging is in need of volunteers for about one hour one day per month to help seniors around the house, including changing light bulbs, moving items to lower shelves, changing smoke detector batteries and more. Email April at email@example.com or stop by the Council on Aging office in the Steamboat Springs Community Center, 1597 Lincoln Ave., for more information.
• Strings Music Festival seeks new volunteers to serve as ushers for 2019 summer concerts and events from June through August. Strings hosts about 30 musical performances featuring classical, rock, jazz, children’s genres and community events. The majority of performances are during the evening. Volunteers are asked to commit to three to five events during the summer. Volunteers are an important part of the Strings team, as they ensure a positive experience for patrons. Contact Strings Office Manager Les Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-439-0832 by Thursday, Feb. 28, to be considered.
• Family Development Center is in need of volunteers for the annual Casino Night fundraiser. Volunteers will serve as dealers for blackjack, poker and roulette. Training is at 6:15 p.m. and the event is from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday, March 9, at The Steamboat Grand, 2300 Mount Werner Circle. Contact Tami at 970-879-5973 or email@example.com.
• The Health Partnership Serving Northwest Colorado is seeking a volunteer to help a client with moving out of their apartment Friday, March 1, and Saturday, March 2. Contact Leanne at 970-819-7701 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
• UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center is in need of volunteers to assist staff with rocking and feeding in the Infant Room and playing with babies at GrandKids Child Care Center. Contact Peggy at email@example.com or 970-870-1146.
• Routt County Women United is organizing volunteers to help students with homework and reading after school in the elementary school libraries. Sign up at RouttCountyUnitedWay.org. For more information, call 970-879-5605 or email office@RouttCountyUnitedWay.org.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.