Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
February 12, 2019
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit RouttCountyUnitedWay.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
• Sk8 Church will host a volunteer recruitment night from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 26. Learn how to help at-risk youths in Routt County by working the front desk, tutoring, providing meals and more. Call 970-879-2222, email email@example.com or stop by Sk8 Church, 2851 Riverside Plaza, to get involved. For those who cannot attend, there is a volunteer application online.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
• Routt County Council on Aging is in need of volunteers one day per month to help seniors around the house, including changing light bulbs, moving items to lower shelves, changing smoke detector batteries and more. Email April at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Council on Aging office in the Steamboat Springs Community Center, 1597 Lincoln Ave., for more information.
• Strings Music Festival is in need of volunteers to serve as ushers at concerts and events in June through August. Strings hosts about 30 musical performances and community events, the majority of which are during the evening. Volunteers are asked to participate in eight to 10 events during the summer season. Contact office manager Les Wong at email@example.com or 970-439-0832 by Feb. 28.
Recommended Stories For You
• Reaching Everyone Preventing Suicide will hold a free Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Feb. 22, and Saturday, Feb. 23, at Colorado Mountain College Steamboat Springs. Those who have completed the two-day ASIST course are eligible to participate in the Suicide Prevention Advocate volunteer program at UC Health Yampa Valley Medical Center.
• Mountain Village Montessori is in need of volunteers to teach or help with Wednesday Workshops. The weekly program is designed to enrich the lives of students in a creative and hands-on way. Workshop leaders are needed from 2 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays from March 20 to May 22. Those with a trade, skill, hobby or interest to share with students ages 6 to 12 are encouraged to sign up. Contact Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-879-6653 to get involved.
• Family Development Center is in need of volunteers for the annual Casino Night fundraiser. Volunteers will serve as dealers for blackjack, poker and roulette. Training is at 6:15 p.m. and the event is from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday, March 9, at The Steamboat Grand. Contact Tami at 970-879-5973 or email@example.com.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
• UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center is in need of volunteers in the free lending library to help physicians, staff and community members research medical topics and check out books. Contact Peggy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-870-1146.
• Sk8 Church is in need of volunteers to donate meals and snacks for middle and high school youths on Mondays and Thursdays. Call 970-879-2222, email email@example.com or stop by Sk8 Church, 2851 Riverside Plaza, to get involved.