Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit RouttCountyUnitedWay.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
Horizons Specialized Services participants are looking for opportunities to spend time in the community. Whether it be grabbing a cup of coffee, running an errand or cheering on the home team, the weekly one-hour outings will be structured around volunteer availability and shared interests. Call 970-879-4466 for more information.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
• Routt County Council on Aging is in need of volunteers one day per month to help seniors around the house, including changing light bulbs, moving items to lower shelves, changing smoke detector batteries and more. Email April at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Council on Aging office in the Steamboat Springs Community Center, 1597 Lincoln Ave., for more information.
• Routt County Women United is organizing volunteers to help students with homework and reading after school in the elementary school libraries. Sign up at RouttCountyUnitedWay.org. For more information, call 970-879-5605 or email office@RouttCountyUnitedWay.org.
• Routt County Humane Society is in need of volunteers to help clean shelter kennels on mornings and weekends. Visit Routthumane.org to apply or call 970-879-7247 for more information.
• Sk8 Church is in need of volunteers to donate meals and snacks for middle and high school youths on Mondays and Thursdays. Call 970-879-2222, email email@example.com or stop by Sk8 Church, 2851 Riverside Plaza, to get involved.
• UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center is in need of volunteers to help support staff, patients and families through March. Contact Peggy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-870-1146.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
• Advocates of Routt County is in need of volunteers to assist with administrative and office support. Contact Marnie at 970-879-2034 or email@example.com.
• Yampa Valley Medical Center is in need of volunteers to help assist staff and surgery patients with cleaning of the patient area and stocking supplies. Contact Peggy firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-870-1146.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.