Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit RouttCountyUnitedWay.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
Winter Carnival snow packing for snow sculptures on Lincoln Avenue. Help keep this Steamboat Springs tradition alive. Volunteers needed at 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 6 to pack snow into the forms that will be used by the snow sculpting teams the next day. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-879-9008.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
- Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club needs four to five volunteers this weekend for the Girls Alpine Racing Event. Volunteers are needed for 1 to 8:30 p.m. Saturday at Howelsen and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday at Steamboat Resort. Lunch is provided for volunteers. If you work a full day, you will get a voucher for a free day at Steamboat Resort. To volunteer, contact Kevin Sankey at email@example.com.
- Volunteer teams needed to create Winter Carnival’s snow sculptures on Lincoln Avenue: 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 7 is carving day. Pizza lunch provided. No experience needed. Submit a design with a group of friends, family or colleagues and be part of this Steamboat tradition. Applications due Thursday, Jan. 31. To apply at steamboatcreates.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-879-9008.
- Northwest Colorado Health needs volunteers to help sell Daffodils for Hospice. Contact Kyleigh Lawler at 970-871-7609 or email@example.com.
- Routt County Women United is organizing volunteers to help with after-school homework help in the library at local elementary schools. We need volunteers to help students with homework and spend extra time reading with them. Sign up at routtcountyunitedway.org. Call 970-879-5605 or email office@RouttCountyUnitedWay.org for more information.
- Being a youth mentor is an amazing way to make a difference in a youth’s life and in your own. It’s National Mentoring Month and Partners in Routt County need volunteer Senior Partners for their Youth Mentoring Program. If you are interested please contact Maura Walsh at maura@PartnersRouttCounty.org or 970-879-6141, or stop by the Partners office for more information.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
- Gregarious people who receive services from Horizons are looking for an opportunity to spend time in our community. Whether it be a cup of coffee, running an errand or cheering on the home team, the weekly one-hour outings will have significant impact on their lives and yours. Four activities are structured around your availability and shared interests. Call 970-879-4466 to find out more about the best gig in town.
- Integrated Community needs volunteers one hour per week to work with a student grade K through 5 to work with them on literacy or math. Options are: work one on one with a student, homework club 3:45 to 5 p.m. Mondays , or small group reading/tutoring. Contact Jerry at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Integrated Community office for more details.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User