Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit RouttCountyUnitedWay.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
Advocates of Routt County is in need of volunteers for Crisis Support Services. Volunteer training will be provided in the spring. Contact Marnie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-879-2034
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
• Being a youth mentor is a way to make a difference in a youth’s life and your own. It’s National Mentoring Month, and Partners in Routt County needs volunteer senior partners for its Youth Mentoring Program. Those who are interested should contact Maura Walsh at email@example.com, call 970-879-6141 or stop by the Partners office, 465 Anglers Dr.
• Young Tracks Preschools & Childcare Center needs volunteers to help with interior facility cleaning, including scrubbing walls, chairs and tables. The volunteer work is suitable for youth and adult volunteers, and can accommodate groups of as many as six people. Call Kim at 970-879-5790.
• An individual in Routt County with a long-term disability needs two to three volunteers to assist in cleaning out the garage, shoveling snow in the driveway and possibly helping with transporting groceries. If interested in volunteering, call United Way at 970-879-5605.
• UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center is in need of volunteers to help support staff, patients and families who are admitted to the Emergency Department. Volunteers are needed through March and from mid-June through mid-September. Contact Peggy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-870-1146.
• Reaching Everyone Preventing Suicide is collaborating with Yampa Valley Medical Center to increase the number of volunteers in the hospital Emergency Department assisting suicidal patients. For more information, contact REPS at email@example.com.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
• Routt County Women United is organizing a volunteer reading program with schools in Routt County. Volunteers are needed to read with students or help with homework after school. Email Amanda Lacey at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Integrated Community is in need of volunteers one hour per week to work with an elementary school student on literacy or math. Volunteers can work one-on-one with a student during Homework Club from 3:45 to 5 p.m. on Mondays or work on small group reading and tutoring. Email Jerry at email@example.com or stop by the Integrated Community office for more details.
• Yampa Valley Medical Center is in need of volunteers to help the librarians in the free lending library for physicians, staff and community members to research medical topics and check out books. Contact Peggy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-870-1146.
• Sk8 Church needs volunteers to donate meals and snacks on Mondays and Thursdays for middle and high school youths. Call 970-879-2222, email email@example.com or stop by Sk8 Church to get involved.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User