Get Involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
Featured volunteer opportunity
- It’s National Mentoring Month, and Partners in Routt County need volunteer senior partners for their youth mentoring program. If interested, contact Maura Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org, 970-879-6141 or stop by the office, 465 Anglers Drive, for more information.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
- Northwest Colorado Health needs volunteers to help sell daffodils for Hospice. Contact Kyleigh Lawyer at 970-871-7609 or email@example.com to volunteer.
- Yampa Valley Sustainability Council and a graduate student from Western State Colorado University are seeking households within Routt County to participate in a food waste study to help guide feasibility of an industrial compost facility. Participants are asked to track their food waste for one week. Each residential participant will receive a City Market gift card. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-871-9299 if interested.
- An individual in Routt County with a long-term disability needs two to three volunteers to assist in cleaning out the garage, shoveling snow in the driveway and transporting groceries. If interested in volunteering to help, contact Routt County United Way at 970-879-5605.
- The Trail Maintenance Endowment Fund held at the Yampa Valley Community Foundation is currently seeking Trail Fund Ambassadors for 2019. Volunteers are needed to help support fundraising efforts. Email email@example.com if interested in volunteering.
- Yampatika needs volunteers to support the naturalist outdoor education programs. No experience or environmental credentials are required. Volunteer training is provided, and volunteer signups can be found at yampatika.org . Call 970-871-9151 for more details.
- Boys & Girls Club of Steamboat Springs has a need for energetic individuals who wish to devote time to working with children. Opportunities include arts and crafts, homework help, PE participation and various recreational activities. The time when volunteers are needed is 3 to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Contact Mariah at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-871-3185 if interested.
- LiftUp of Routt County needs Donation Center attendants. This position has the crucial task of preparing donated items for the store while educating donors on the LiftUp mission. Fill out an application online, call 970-870-0727 or email email@example.com.
- Routt County Humane Society needs volunteers to help clean shelter kennels. Morning and weekend hours are available. Visit routthumane.org to apply for volunteer openings or call 970-879-7247 for details.
- Sk8 Church needs volunteers to help record, edit and publish video and photo content of members skating. Call 970-879-2222, email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by Sk8 Church to get involved.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User