Get involved: Routt County volunteer opportunities
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Steamboat Pilot & Today has partnered with Routt County United Way to offer a listing of volunteer opportunities across Routt County. For a complete list of volunteer opportunities and more information, visit RouttCountyUnitedWay.org.
Featured volunteer opportunity
Being a youth mentor is an amazing way to make a difference in a youth’s life and your own. It’s National Mentoring Month, and Partners in Routt County needs volunteer senior partners for its Youth Mentoring Program. Those who are interested should contact Maura Walsh at email@example.com, call 970-879-6141 or stop by the Partners office, 465 Anglers Dr., for more information.
Time-sensitive volunteer opportunities
• Northwest Colorado Health needs volunteers to help sell daffodils for Hospice. Contact Kyleigh Lawyer at 970-871-7609 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Yampa Valley Sustainability Council and a graduate student from Western State Colorado University are seeking households within Routt County to participate in a food waste study to help guide feasibility of an industrial compost facility. Participants are asked to track their food waste for one week. Each residential participant will receive a City Market gift card. Email email@example.com or call 970-871-9299 if interested.
• An individual in Routt County with a long-term disability needs two to three volunteers to assist in cleaning out the garage, shoveling snow in the driveway and possibly helping with transporting groceries. If interested in volunteering, call United Way at 970-879-5605.
• The Trail Maintenance Endowment Fund held at the Yampa Valley Community Foundation is seeking Trail Fund Ambassadors for 2019. Volunteers are needed to help support the fundraising efforts of the fund. Those who are interested should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Yampatika needs volunteers to support the naturalist outdoor education programs. No experience or environmental credentials are required. Volunteer signups can be found at Yampatika.org. Call 970-871-9151 for more information.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
• The Boys & Girls Club of Steamboat Springs is in need of energetic individuals who wish to devote time to working with children after school. Opportunities include arts and crafts, homework help, physical education participation and various recreational activities. Volunteers are needed from 3 to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. Contact Mariah at email@example.com or 970-871-3185
• LiftUp of Routt County needs volunteer attendants for the Donation Center. Volunteers will prepare donated items for the store while educating donors on the LiftUp mission. Shifts are scheduled with the volunteer coordinator, so those who are interested should fill out an application online or contact 970-870-0727 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Routt County Humane Society needs volunteers to help clean shelter kennels on mornings and weekends. Visit RouttHumane.org to apply for volunteer openings or call 970-879-7247 for details.
• Sk8 Church needs volunteers to help record, edit and publish video and photo content of members skating. Call 970-879-2222, email email@example.com or stop by Sk8 Church, 2851 Riverside Plaza, to get involved.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Steamboat Pilot & Today has teamed up with Steamboat Creates for a public art collaboration in which local artists will work with groups of youth to paint the Pilot’s newspaper racks in the arts district…