Gas siphoned from vehicle: The Record for Monday, Nov. 11, 2019
Monday, Nov. 11, 2019
1:31 a.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers investigated a suspicious vehicle parked along Burgess Creek Road but found no evidence of criminal activity.
1:31 a.m. An officer contacted a suspicious vehicle at a parking lot in the 400 block of Howelsen Parkway. A hunter was just resting before heading home.
10:05 a.m. A man called police after noticing the gas cap to his vehicle was missing and about half of his fuel had been siphoned in the 2500 block of Val d’Isere Circle.
5:59 p.m. Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters responded to a dumpster fire at a condominium complex in the 400 block of Tamarack Drive. They were able to douse the flames before they spread. The fire destroyed only the lid to the dumpster.
If you have information about any unsolved crime, contact Routt County Crime Stoppers. You will remain anonymous and could earn a cash reward.Submit a tip
• Call: 970-870-6226
• Click: TipSubmit.com
• Text: Send “NAMB” and your message to 274637
6:05 p.m. Officers were called about a disturbance at a hotel in the 700 block of South Lincoln Avenue. A man was asking guests to help pay for his room. Employees eventually barred him from the property.
9:47 p.m. Officers were called about someone screaming near a condominium complex in the 500 block of Ore House Plaza. They investigated the area but could not find anyone in distress.
Total incidents: 39
- Steamboat officers had 21 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies had 13 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Steamboat firefighters responded to four calls for service.
- North Routt Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.