Free classes offered for people with Parkinson’s
March 15, 2016
Yampa Valley Parkinson's Support Network is hosting a number of free, ongoing classes for those with Parkinson's and their care partners.
Following is a listing of available classes.
• Monday and Friday exercise classes target Parkinson's-specific symptoms with exercises for balance, cardio, dynamic strength, dexterity and agility. All abilities are welcome from 1:45 to 3 p.m. Mondays at Sundance Studio, 385 Anglers Drive, Suite D, and from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Fridays at the United Methodist Church of Steamboat Springs, Eighth and Oak streets. To register, contact the instructor Jacqueline Teuscher – firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-829-2869
• Wednesday exercise classes are specifically designed to meet the physical challenges face by people with Parkinson's. Classes are held from 1:30 to 2:45 p.m. at the United Methodist Church. To register, contact Instructor Eva Gibbon at 970-846-9887 or email@example.com
• Yoga classes designed specifically for people with Parkinsons' and their care partners are held from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Thursdays at Sundance Studio, 385 Anglers Drive, Suite D. To register, contact Jeanne Upbin at 970-846-3326 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Recommended Stories For You
• Aquatic aerobic classes are held from 9 to 9:45 a.m. at Old Town Hot Springs pool. For more information and to register, contact Sally TeStrake for at email@example.com or 970-761-2381.
• Nordic program at Haymaker through the end of March, trail conditions permitting. For more information, contact Haymaker at 970-879-9444.
For more information about Yampa Valley Parkinson's Support Network, visit parkinsonrockies.org/local-branches/yampa-valley.