Fire that killed Whiteman grad ruled accidental | SteamboatToday.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Fire that killed Whiteman grad ruled accidental

— A house fire that killed two college students in Gunnison has been ruled accidental, The Denver Post reported Thursday.

Fire investigators have concluded that the Jan. 30 fire was likely set by careless cigarette smoking on a front porch of the home, according to a report in the Gunnison Country Times.

Western State College of Colorado students Lucy Grace Causley, 18, of Harbor Springs, Mich., and Adam Michael Lockard, 21, of Bethesda, Md., were victims of the fatal fire. Causley attended The Lowell Whiteman School in Steamboat Springs and graduated in 2009.



Read more about Causley here.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User