Find the Steamboat Yule Log: Here’s Clue No. 5
The 2020 Yule Log Hunt has begun, and Steamboat Pilot &Today will be posting a clue per day until the log is found.
Clue No. 5
Share the news, a mighty blow.
All survived, despite the glow.
Take a sip, know the names.
Solve the clues, play the game.
Clue No. 4
“Watch Us Grow,” shed some light.
Towering stack, what a sight.
Burn some coal, blow off steam.
Come together, lead the team.
Clue No. 3
Summer brings lazy days.
Sit on down, join the craze.
Cross on over, pass the stable.
Solve the clues, if you are able.
Clue No. 2
Olympic dreams begin here.
Norwegian vision, we hold dear.
Push the button, hear it play,
Join the hunt, follow the way.
Clue No. 1
Along the road, the log was found.
Hidden from view, upon the ground.
Glide and shoot, slip and slide,
Mother and son were full of pride.
Here are the rules:
• The 2020 Yule Log Hunt begins at the 2019 hiding spot: the Howelsen Ice Arena, 285 Howelsen Parkway.
• A new clue will be released each weekday for as many as 10 days, unless the log is found sooner.
• The clues will take hunters on a path toward the log’s hiding place but do not describe the actual spot until the final clues of the hunt.
• The log will be placed in its hiding spot after Clue No. 6.
• When the log is found, the winner should call the Tread of Pioneers Museum at 970-879-2214.
• The log must be brought to the Tread of Pioneers Museum to claim the $150 Steamboat Springs Chamber gift card prize.
• Unless the log is found sooner, the eighth and final clue will be released Friday, Dec. 18.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Steamboat Springs has begun refurbishing the two Snake Island pedestrian bridges along the Yampa River Core Trail. The bridges will be closed during the duration of the project, which is expected to continue through Sept.…