Find the Steamboat Yule Log: Here’s Clue No. 4
The 2019 Yule Log Hunt has begun, and the Steamboat Pilot & Today will be posting a clue a day, beginning Tuesday, Dec. 10, until the log is found. The hunt begins at the 2018 hiding spot: Bud Werner Memorial Library, 1289 Lincoln Ave.
Clue No. 1
Every 15, a grand display.
Rhythmic sound, now gone away.
Pages of history, volumes of lore.
Close to this spot, the prize was in store.
Clue No. 2
In 1908, the path was laid.
Growth and prosperity, the deal was made.
Take a picture, paint or draw.
A blissful time is had by all.
Clue No. 3
Mesa mountains are the source.
From the south, on the course.
Once a bear, still a root.
Find your way by bike or foot.
Clue No. 4
Raise your spirits, light your fire.
Wet your whistle, watch the mire.
Just before H, it stands tall.
1930s come one come all.
- The 2019 Yule Log Hunt begins at the 2018 hiding spot: the Bud Werner Memorial Library, 1289 Lincoln Ave.
- A new clue will be released each weekday for up to 10 days, unless the log is found sooner.
- The clues will take hunters on a path toward the log’s hiding place but do not describe the actual spot until the final clues of the hunt.
- The log will be placed in its hiding spot after Clue No. 6.
- When the log is found, the winner should call the Tread of Pioneers Museum at 970-879-2214.
- The log must be brought to the Tread of Pioneers Museum to claim the $150 Steamboat Springs Chamber gift card prize.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Companies, individuals can apply for grants from Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp. parent company’s new foundation
Alterra Mountain Co., parent company of Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp., announced this week the establishment of the Alterra Mountain Co. Community Foundation, a public charity created to provide financial support to the communities where…