State ballot issues
• FAIL Amendment V: General assembly age requirement reduction
• PASS Amendment W: Judicial retention election ballot
• PASS Amendment X: Industrial hemp definition
• PASS Amendment Y: Congressional district drawing
• PASS Amendment Z: Legislature district drawing
• PASS Amendment A: Prohibition of slavery as punishment for a crime
• FAIL Amendment 73: Public pre-K to high school education income tax
• FAIL Amendment 74: Just compensation for property owners
• FAIL Amendment 75: Campaign contribution limits
• FAIL Proposition 109: Transportation projects debt increase
• FAIL Proposition 110: Transportation projects sales tax
• PASS Proposition 111: Payday lender limitations
• FAIL Proposition 112: Oil and gas minimum distance requirement
Local ballot issues
• FAIL Referendum 2A: Steamboat commercial air program sales tax
• PASS Referendum 2B: Steamboat education sales tax
• PASS Referendum 2C: Steamboat municipal court jurisdiction
• PASS Referendum 4A: Hayden School District mill levy
• PASS Referendum 5A: South Routt School District mill levy
• PASS Referendum 6A: Timbers Water and Sanitation District tax
• PASS Referendum 6B: Yampa Fire Protection District mill levy
• FAIL Referendum 6C: Yampa Fire Protection District mill levy adjustment authority
• PASS Referendum 6D: West Routt Fire Protection District mill levy
• FAIL Referendum 6E: West Routt Fire Protection District mill levy adjustment authority
• PASS Referendum 6F: Oak Creek Fire Protection District mill levy adjustment authority
• PASS Ballot Issue 6G: Steamboat Springs Area Fire Protection District mill levy adjustment authority
• PASS Ballot Issue 7D: Colorado Mountain College trustees mill levy adjustment authority
• U.S. House of Representatives: Scott Tipton (R)
• Governor: Jared Polis (D)
• Secretary of state: Jena Griswold (D)
• Treasurer: Dave Young (D)
• Attorney general: Phil Weiser (D)
• University of Colorado regent at large: Lesley Smith (D)
• University of Colorado regent 3rd Congressional District: Glen Gallegos (R)
• House of Representatives District 26: Dylan Roberts (D)
• Routt County commissioner: Beth Melton (D)
• Routt County clerk and recorder: Kim Bonner (D)
• Routt County treasurer: Lane Iacovetto (R)
• Routt County assessor: Gary Peterson (R)
• Routt County sheriff: Garrett Wiggins (R)
• Routt County coroner: Rob Ryg (R)
• Hayden mayor: Joseph Redmond
• Hayden council members: Zach Wuestewald, Trevor Gann, Tammi Engle
Latest election coverage
DENVER — Former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper on Thursday ended his longshot bid for the Democratic presidential nomination and said he may instead challenge one of the most vulnerable Senate Republicans in 2020. In a video message , Hickenlooper...
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Ballots for the West Steamboat Neighborhoods annexation election must be turned into the secure ballot drop box at the Steamboat Springs City Hall or Routt County Courthouse by 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 25....
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — According to reports filed with the Steamboat Springs City Clerk, the Yes to Locals’ Housing Committee has raised and spent more money than the Let’s Vote Steamboat Committee. The two committees, which...
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Yampa Valley Electric Association reported Tuesday that it had received information regarding the unauthorized use of the YVEA logo as part of a campaign communication sent to the membership. No candidate has...
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Democrat Diane Mitsch Bush is taking on Republican U.S. Rep. Scott Tipton again next November. On Tuesday, Mitsch Bush announced her candidacy for the 3rd Congressional District seat in the U.S. House of...
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Rep. Dylan Roberts and Sen. Bob Rankin will host a town hall meeting from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Monday, May 13, at Olympian Hall at Howelsen Hill in Steamboat Springs. The event...
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — A campaign in favor of the West Steamboat Neighborhoods annexation has assembled. The annexation question will go before voters in a June 25 special election. Ballots are expected to be mailed to voters...
My first assignment covering the West Steamboat Neighborhoods annexation was to preview a Steamboat Springs City Council meeting discussing the annexation agreement with Brynn Grey Partners. I remember reading story after story after story after...
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The date of the West Steamboat Neighborhoods annexation election has been postponed by a week to June 25. The Steamboat Springs city attorney and City Clerk’s Office requested additional time to print and...
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Though the need to expand Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue’s emergency services is clear, the way to do so remains smoky. Steamboat Fire Rescue provides firefighting and emergency medical services to the city...
Brynn Grey Partners would develop this area west of the under-construction Overlook Park subdivision into three neighborhoods west of Steamboat Springs. (Photo by John F. Russell) Editor’s note: This story was corrected on April 2. A special election would take place after the City Council makes a determination as to whether the referendum petition is sufficient or insufficient. STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The petition that would put...
Then-Gov. John Hickenlooper stopped in Steamboat Springs in March 2011 during a swing through Northwest Colorado to discuss topics including economic development. (Photo by John F. Russell) DENVER — Former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper said...
Beth Melton joins a group of re-elected county officials who were sworn in at the Routt County Courthouse Tuesday morning. (Courtesy photo) STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Two new Routt County officials were sworn into office Tuesday...
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Routt County’s newly elected and re-elected officials will be sworn in during a special ceremony at 8 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 8 in the third floor hearing room, which is located in the historic...
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — A May election to determine whether Steamboat Springs would be included in the surrounding fire protection district — and pay its property tax — will not happen. Around 11:15 p.m., in hour six...
Routt County commissioners vote against excluding Steamboat properties from new fire district boundary
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The Routt County Board of Commissioners narrowly rejected two measures that could have postponed the proposed May election in which voters would determine if the city of Steamboat Springs will be included in...
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Steamboat Springs City Council and the Steamboat Springs Area Fire Protection District board will host a joint work session at 5 p.m. Monday, Nov. 12 in Centennial Hall to discuss the proposed...
Brittany Dick reviews her choices as she waits to vote at the Routt County Courthouse annex during Tuesday’s election. (Photo by John F. Russell) STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Routt County voters turned out in greater numbers for...
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Downtown Steamboat Springs stakeholders overwhelming defeated a plan to fund the downtown business improvement district. The final vote total was 64 in favor and 108 against. “I’m glad it was decisive, so...