Drunken men chase cat: The Record for Friday, May 10, 2019
Friday, May 10, 2019
1:12 a.m. Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters responded to a report of a structure fire at a golf course in the 33400 block of Catamount Drive. Flames erupted in a golf cart storage barn, but firefighters were able to extinguish them before the barn was destroyed.
3:16 a.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers were called about an unattended death at a senior living center in the 2800 block of Owl Hoot Trail.
10:53 a.m. Officers conducted a code enforcement in the 300 block of Lincoln Avenue where someone parked a car on the sidewalk.
6:26 p.m. A resident in the 2000 block of Honeysuckle Lane called officers for help kicking out an unwelcome guest.
7:19 p.m. Officers were called about a suspicious person outside a restaurant in the 500 block of Lincoln Avenue.
If you have information about any unsolved crime, contact Routt County Crime Stoppers. You will remain anonymous and could earn a cash reward.Submit a tip
• Call: 970-870-6226
• Click: TipSubmit.com
• Text: Send “NAMB” and your message to 274637
11:10 p.m. Officers were called about two men who appeared to be drunkenly chasing a cat at Fifth and Oak streets. The caller was concerned about the cat’s safety.
Total incidents: 60
- Steamboat officers had 45 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies had eight cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Steamboat firefighters responded to five calls for service.
- Oak Creek Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
- West Routt Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.