Rifle woman killed in early morning crash on U.S. 40
April 28, 2016
A Rifle woman was killed in a one-vehicle rollover crash on U.S. Highway 40 approximately 4 miles east of Hayden at 12:40 a.m. Thursday.
According to a Colorado State Patrol news release, Desirae Martinez, 22, was eastbound on U.S. 40 when her 2000 Chevrolet Blazer traveled off the right side of the roadway on a curve and struck a delineator post and a traffic sign.
The vehicle rolled 2 1/4 times and came to rest on its right side. The Patrol reported Martinez was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the Blazer. She died at the scene, and the crash is still under investigation.
Hayden Police Department, Routt County Sheriff's Office, West Routt Fire Department, the Routt County Coroner's Office and the Colorado Department of Transportation also responded to the scene and assisted the Patrol.
Trending In: Crime & Courts
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Estimated $4K intended for nonprofits stolen at Run Rabbit Run race in Steamboat
- Cedar Beauregard: New bike trails are destroying elk habitat
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Steamboat City Council approves Brynn Grey annexation agreement