New police chief to be sworn in Friday
November 13, 2015
Steamboat Springs' new police chief, Cory Christensen, will be publicly sworn in to his new office from 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. on Friday at Centennial Hall, 124 10th St. The public is invited to attend the ceremony and to meet the community's new law enforcement leader.
"It is an honor and special privilege to be the chief of police for the city of Steamboat Springs," Christensen said in a news release. "I look forward to serving our community side by side with the dedicated men and women who work hard every day to help Steamboat Springs be a safe community where we can live, work and play."
Christensen was previously assistant chief of police for the city of Fort Collins and brings more than 26 years of law enforcement experience. He was selected from a pool of 94 applicants and five finalists during a lengthy interview process that included a community interview panel, the Steamboat Springs Police Department employees and other city staff members.
Christensen's first day on the job will be Monday. For more information on the ceremony call Anne Small, director of general services, at 970-871-8249.
Trending In: Crime & Courts
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Housing Authority awarded $13.5M in tax credits to build next affordable housing project in Steamboat
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Steamboat council approves annexation agreement with Brynn Grey