Michigan man suspected of sex assault
March 1, 2016
Steamboat Springs — A 23-year-old Lansing, Michigan, man was arrested Sunday on suspicion of felony sex assault.
On Saturday, Advocates Building Peaceful Communities was contacted by a Routt County woman who said she had been raped. The woman wanted to report the incident to police.
According to an affidavit filed with the Routt County Court, the woman said the man was a friend who was visiting Steamboat Springs.
The woman told a Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputy that she and the man were sharing the same bed, but she did not want to do anything sexual with him.
The rape reportedly happened during the night of Feb. 22. A sex assault nurse examiner and doctor examined the woman and found trauma, the affidavit states.
Trending In: Crime & Courts
- Cedar Beauregard: New bike trails are destroying elk habitat
- Firefighters, residents work to save communities from Silver Creek Fire
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach
- Crews battle 4 wildfires across Northwest Colorado, including new fire near Wyoming border
- Ryan Fire in Routt and Medicine Bow National Forests grows to 1,800 acres in a day