4 outbuildings, 12 vehicles lost in 135-acre fire in Rio Blanco
August 20, 2015
A 135-acre fire in Meeker off County Road 7 Thursday burned 12 vehicles and four outbuildings, according to the Rio Blanco County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page.
The fire was located roughly 2.5 miles up from Highway 64, and it’s now 50 percent contained. Meeker Fire Department is in charge of the fire.
Moffat County Sheriff KC Hume confirmed the information posted on Rio Blanco’s Facebook page at a Craig Fire/Rescue board meeting Thursday evening
No homes were lost in the fire.
The newspaper will update this story as more information becomes available.
Trending In: Crime & Courts
- Newly formed group advocates to slow trail building in Routt National Forest to protect wildlife
- Routt County real estate sales total $19.5M for Oct. 12 to 18, 2018
- Warm, dry year breaks records in the Yampa River Basin
- Top 10 stories of the week: Longtime business closes, Steamboat Resort news and wilderness rescue
- Steamboat tradition transitions as resort moves into new era