City offers update on downtown construction
June 25, 2017
Construction projects in downtown Steamboat Springs continue to see good progress, according to a news release from the city's Public Information Office.
On Yampa Street, Phase II saw ongoing work on hardscape installations on the 12th Street corridor near Little Toots Park, with sidewalk, curb, gutter and landscaping. A new fire hydrant across from Meat & Seafood was installed, as was new water service to Eriksen Cycles/Orange Peel.
Yampa Street Phase II efforts for the coming week include the following.
- The intersection of 12th and Yampa streets will be closed to vehicular traffic, as will 12th Street between Yampa and the alley.
- A sidewalk closure at the corner of 12th Street and Lincoln Avenue, next to the Land Title building, will be in place.
- Pedestrian access from the alley at 12th Street to Orange Peel has reopened.
- A shoulder closure goes into effect on both sides of Yampa Street between 10th and 11th streets; however, vehicular access will remain open through this area.
- Pedestrians will be diverted around the closures.
This work is associated with the Yampa Street Phase II improvements, which are expected to be completed by Nov. 1. During this scope of the project, Little Toots Park will remain open, but access may be limited. Pedestrian and bicycle access will remain open via the core trail in all work areas, and pedestrians will be routed to the core trail and north side of Yampa to safely get around the work zones. All businesses will remain accessible at all times.
Work for the coming week on Oak Street will focus on the following areas.
- Hydro-seeding will occur on the north side of Sixth to Seventh streets, the south side of Seventh to Eighth streets, the north side of Eighth to Ninth streets and north side of Ninth to 10th street.
- Installation of curb, gutter, handicap ramps and one piece of sidewalk replacement takes place on the south side of Oak between Ninth and 10th streets.
- Work will begin Monday on curb, gutter and sidewalks, with the possibility of pouring concrete toward the end of the week in this section.
- The upper Wells Fargo parking lot will remain open until July 6, at which time the lot will be closed until construction is complete.
Bi-Weekly public informational meetings are held at 9 a.m. every other Friday in Centennial Hall, Room 113/14, where city staff and contractors share details and answer questions about the status of the Yampa Street project. The next meeting will be held Friday, June 30.
Recommended Stories For You
Information on the overall project is available at diggindowntown.com. Sign up to receive project updates at steamboatsprings.net, or send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.