City offers construction updates
During the past week, work continued on the south side of Yampa Street in front of the Ambulance Barn, with crews completing new concrete curb and gutter, sidewalk and driveway installations. Slope grading work also began along the 10th and Yampa parking lot.
Efforts for the coming week include the following.
- Work will continue along the 10th and Yampa parking lot frontage. A section of the parking lot at 10th and Yampa streets will partially closed during this time.
- The paving date for areas near 12th and Yampa streets and in front of Little Toots Park has been rescheduled for July 25 and 26. On Tuesday, July 25, the 12th and Yampa intersection will close to vehicular traffic and is expected to reopen July 27.
- Two areas outside of travel ways between 10th and 11th streets and at the intersection of 12th and Yampa streets will remain fenced off for construction staging purposes.
The public parking lots at Ninth and 10th streets will remain open throughout the construction work in these areas. Pedestrian and bicycle access will remain open via the Yampa River Core Trail and bike lanes on Yampa Street.
This work is associated with the Yampa Street Phase II improvements which is expected to be completed by Nov. 1, 2017
On Oak Street, concrete work was completed on sidewalks, curbs and gutters along Oak Street and 4th streets around the Wells Fargo parking lot.
Work for the coming week focus on the following.
- Asphalt patching, finish grading and possibly tree planting and hydroseed are slated.
- The south side of Oak Street from Third to Fourth streets (Wells Fargo lot) and Fourth Street from the alley to Oak Street will see sidewalk, curb and gutter, and handicap ramp installation will continue.
All parking and bike lanes will be closed, including the upper Wells Fargo parking lot, and the eastbound Oak Street right turn lane onto Third Street will be closed.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.