Cast your ballot at Routt County drop box or polling center
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — As Election Day draws near, voters are encouraged to cast their ballots at a drop box or voter service and polling center. Colorado voters can register to vote even on Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 6.
In order for ballots to be counted, the county clerk must receive them no later than 7 p.m. Nov. 6. Postmarks do not count, and for those who haven’t voted yet, the Colorado Secretary of State recommends voting in a drop box or at a voter service and polling center.
At a voter service and polling center, people can vote in person, register to vote, change their registration or request a replacement ballot.
Voters can view sample ballots, check if their ballot has been mailed and see if the clerk’s office has received their completed ballots at govotecolorado.com. Voters can also sign up for Ballot Trail, a tracking service that notifies you when your ballot has been received and counted by visiting co.routt.co.us/538/ballot-trail.
Secure ballot drop boxes are available at the following locations.
- Routt County Courthouse
- Clark Store (ballots will be picked up from Clark by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6)
- Hayden Town Hall
- Oak Creek Town Hall
- Yampa Town Hall (ballots will be picked up from Yampa by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6)
Voter Service and Polling Centers are open at the following locations to offer in-person voter registration and voting, replacement ballots and provisional ballots.
- Routt County Courthouse, Clerk and Recorder’s Office – 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday
- Routt County Courthouse Annex, Trout Creek Conference Room – 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 5; 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6.
- Hayden Town Hall – 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6.
- Oak Creek Town Hall – 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User