Car stolen from driveway: The Record for Wednesday, May 15
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
1:52 a.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers were called about a bear roaming the 2900 block of West Acres Drive. The bear eventually climbed in a nearby tree to sleep.
9:13 a.m. Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters responded to a gasoline spill at a gas station in the 1600 block of 13th Street. One of the hoses to a fuel pump was leaking.
10:01 a.m. A caller notified the Routt County Sheriff’s Office about a woman who was parked along the side of U.S. Highway 40, screaming and banging her head on the steering wheel. Deputies checked on the woman, who said she was upset because she recently had a fight with her friend.
2:47 p.m. Deputies were called about a single vehicle rollover along U.S. 40 west of Milner. Two people in the car were taken to the hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening. The driver was later arrested.
If you have information about any unsolved crime, contact Routt County Crime Stoppers. You will remain anonymous and could earn a cash reward.Submit a tip
• Call: 970-870-6226
• Click: TipSubmit.com
• Text: Send “NAMB” and your message to 274637
3:10 p.m. Officers assisted the driver of a vehicle that stalled in the middle of the road at 12th and Yampa streets.
8:23 p.m. Police received a report of a vehicle stolen from a driveway in the 2300 block of Oxford Way. Officers described it as a black Subaru Impreza.
10:12 p.m. Officers were called about a dog chasing a moose down the 10 block of Hemlock Court. Police were unable to locate the animals.
Total incidents: 48
- Steamboat officers had 30 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Sheriff’s deputies had 10 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Steamboat firefighters responded to five calls for service.
- West Routt Fire Protection District firefighters responded to two calls for service.
- North Routt Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.