Business Briefs: Free workshop to help community members launch businesses is Wednesday
November 15, 2015
A free workshop at Colorado Mountain College will help prospective business owners forecast their sales and gauge how much it will take to start the business.
The workshop, hosted by SCORE and CMC, takes place from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday in Room 127 CMC’s new academic center.
To learn more about the workshop, call 970-870-4491.
Bank recognized for green efforts
Alpine Bank was recognized Oct. 16 at the 16th annual Environmental Leadership Awards for outstanding environmental achievements that help keep Colorado a desirable place to work and live.
"It was very gratifying joining more than 500 other Colorado environmental leaders to share ideas and experiences on ways to reduce resource use and save money while protecting our lifestyle," David Miller, leader of Alpine Bank’s Green Team, said in a news release.
Recommended Stories For You
Wells Fargo hires new employee
Wells Fargo Advisors in Steamboat Springs has hired Christina Freeman as a client service associate.
Freeman earned a bachelor's degree in management and marketing from Saint Mary's College in Winona, Minnesota, and a master’s degree in athletic administration and facility management from Ohio University in Athens, Ohio.
She joined Wells Fargo Advisors from the Police Services Department with the city of Steamboat Springs, where she was records supervisor and system application administrator for eight years.
Trending In: Business
- Community voices concerns about hospital merger at town hall meeting
- Memorial service planned for Jones; community invited to celebrate life
- Housing Authority awarded $13.5M in tax credits to build next affordable housing project in Steamboat
- Hayden community mourns death of high school wrestling coach Chad Jones
- Steamboat council approves annexation agreement with Brynn Grey