Business File: Chamber to host speed networking Thursday |

Business File: Chamber to host speed networking Thursday

— The Steamboat Springs Chamber Resort Association is hosting a speed networking event from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Thursday at The Boathouse Pub. The event helps people meet and talk about business ideas. The $5 cost includes entry fee, appetizers and a drink ticket. The cost is $15 for people who aren't Chamber members. E-mail rsvp@steamboat or call the Chamber at 875-7000 to reserve a spot.

Moving Mountains to donate to Haiti relief

Moving Mountains Chalets in Steamboat Springs is donating 5 percent of all lodging booked in the remainder of the ski season to the Doctors without Borders Emergency Relief Fund for disaster relief in Haiti in the wake of devastating earthquakes, the business announced Jan. 22.

"We moved to Steam­boat from the Caribbean 12 years ago but still have a great connection to that part of the world," Robin Craigen, president of Moving Mountains, said in a news release. "Our business of providing luxury lodging and services is in stark contrast to the conditions that so many people in Haiti are dealing with. Donating from what we receive to provide these services was the best way that we could find to help the relief effort."

The employees of Moving Mountains initiated the idea to contribute to the cause, the release stated. The employees collectively will donate 2 percent of lodging value from their wages, and the company will provide 3 percent, making a total of 5 percent.

"We are so proud of our staff for rallying together for this cause," said Hea­ther Craigen, vice president of Moving Mountains. "This initiative exemplifies our core values. Steamboat is a caring community, and we hope that other ski town businesses might join the cause of Ski Aid and show people that although we are all challenged by the current economy, we can join together to help people that have more to worry about than when the next powder day is coming."

The Water Store opens west of downtown Steamboat

Jayne Taylor and Melanie Dailey have opened The Water Store, providing ionized, alkaline water just west of downtown Steamboat Springs, in Unit B at 1306 Lincoln Ave. The store is in the plaza on the right, heading west on U.S. Highway 40, just past the 13th Street stoplight.

Recommended Stories For You

Taylor and Dailey said the store is offering a free, 30-day trial of water from the Enagic Water Ionizer, which filters water and then passes it over electrically charged, solid platinum and titanium plates, restructuring the water on a molecular level. Taylor and Dailey said the resulting water offers increased hydration, detoxification and anti-oxidants.

The Water Store has informational materials and is open from noon to 6 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays and 2 to 5 p.m. Saturdays. Call Dailey at 970-846-8752 or Taylor at 970-846-2366.