Burglary at car wash: The Record for Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019
Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019
8:15 a.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers received a report of a burglary at a car wash in the 1700 block of Lincoln Avenue. Police are actively investigating the incident.
8:48 a.m. A resident called police, claiming some neighboring construction work was encroaching on his private property. Officers are working to see if the resident’s claim is legitimate.
12:27 p.m. Two transient men were panhandling at Mount Werner Road and South Lincoln Avenue. Officers spoke with the men, who told police they would leave the area.
1:23 p.m. Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters assisted a guest who had a seizure while skiing at Steamboat Resort.
3:55 p.m. Police responded to a report of suspicious people at Seventh Street and Lincoln Avenue. The same transient men from an earlier call asked a woman for money. The men left on a Steamboat Springs Transit bus before officers arrived.
6:35 p.m. Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies were called about a motor vehicle crash with unknown injuries at mile marker 11 along Routt County Road 16 near Oak Creek.
If you have information about any unsolved crime, contact Routt County Crime Stoppers. You will remain anonymous and could earn a cash reward.Submit a tip
• Call: 970-870-6226
• Click: TipSubmit.com
• Text: Send “NAMB” and your message to 274637
10:44 p.m. Colorado State Patrol troopers arrested a man on suspicion of failing to dim his vehicle’s lights, driving under the influence, having an open alcohol container inside the vehicle and for the prohibited use of a weapon.
10:50 p.m. Police issued a citation to a vehicle parked illegally in a handicapped spot in the 3300 block of Whistler Road.
Total incidents: 40
- Steamboat officers had 19 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Sheriff’s deputies had 12 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Steamboat firefighters responded to six calls for service.
- West Routt Fire Protection District firefighters responded to two calls for service.
- Oak Creek Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.