Asleep at the wheel: The Record for Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019
January 6, 2019
Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019
12:30 a.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers were called to a report of a stolen vehicle at 6th Street and Lincoln Avenue.
12:40 a.m. Officers were called to a report of three to six men fighting at a hotel in the 2300 block of Mount Werner Circle. Two people received citations for disorderly conduct. One of the people also received a citation for possessing alcohol as a minor.
If you have information about any unsolved crime, contact Routt County Crime Stoppers. You will remain anonymous and could earn a cash reward.
Submit a tip
• Call: 970-870-6226
• Click: TipSubmit.com
• Text: Send “NAMB” and your message to 274637
2:37 a.m. Officers responded to a report of two people who were reportedly arguing in front of a bar in the 700 block of Yampa Street. They got into a car and left before officers arrived.
8:59 a.m. Steamboat Fire Rescue firefighters were called to assist a person who was unconscious in the 2200 block of Apres Ski Way.
1:35 p.m. Routt County Sheriffs Office deputies were called to a reported disturbance in the 57300 block of Golden Tide Place in Clark.
4:37 p.m. Officers responded to a report that two people were smoking marijuana in a parking lot in the 100 block of Lincoln Avenue. The car was gone when officers arrived.
6:52 p.m. Yampa Valley Regional Airport firefighters responded to a report of an interior gas leak at the airport.
11:26 p.m. Officers were called to a report of a disturbance between a father and son in the 2300 block of Ski Trails Lane.
11:54 p.m. A person was cited for DUI, DUI per se and having an open alcohol container in a vehicle after she fell asleep at the wheel at a gas station in the 2000 block of Curve Plaza.
Total incidents: 72
- Steamboat police had 30 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- The Routt County Sheriff's Office had 23 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue responded to 16 calls for service.
- North Routt Fire Protection District responded to one call for service.
- West Routt Fire Protection District responded to one call for service.
- Yampa Valley Regional Airport firefighters responded to one call for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.