Arnold Barn move delayed by weather
October 8, 2018
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — With inclement weather forecast this week, the historic Arnold Barn will wait a week longer to move to its new location at Mount Werner Road and Mount Werner Circle.
At a glance
• April 16, 2018: Arnold brother thankful barn will be saved
• April 4: 2018: Council approves barn preservation plan
• Dec. 5, 2017: Council approves barn restoration
• Aug. 16, 2017: Barn stabilized ahead of winter
• March 22, 2017: Owners donate barn to Steamboat Ski Area
• Dec. 5, 2016: City sues developer for neglect
• Oct. 13, 2016: Group emerges to save barn
• July 27, 2016: Historic barn nearing collapse
After 90 years in its current location, the relocation is now scheduled for Oct. 15 and 16. During the move, various traffic detours and vehicle holds will be implemented.
The barn will be placed on a flat-bed truck on Monday, Oct. 15, and driven to the northwest corner of Meadows Parking Lot to position it for the second leg of the three-part journey. This portion of the move is anticipated to take several hours.
The barn is expected to start its move at about 9 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 16, and the journey will take about two hours.