Argument at post office: The Record for Tuesday, May 26, 2020
Tuesday, May 26, 2020
2:06 a.m. Oak Creek Fire Protection District firefighters were called to assist someone in emotional distress in the 200 block of South Sharp Street in Oak Creek.
7:43 a.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers were called about a suspicious vehicle on the Blackmer Trail. It turned out to be a utility worker checking power lines.
8:10 a.m. Police were called about a bear that got into some trash in the 300 block of Pine Street.
9:17 a.m. Police were called to mediate an argument between two men at a post office in the 200 block of Lincoln Avenue.
12:40 p.m. Police were called about a roommate dispute at a condominium complex in the 1300 block of Sparta Plaza.
1:07 p.m. Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies were called about a suspicious incident in the 100 block of West First Street in Oak Creek.
If you have information about any unsolved crime, contact Routt County Crime Stoppers. You will remain anonymous and could earn a cash reward.Submit a tip
• Call: 970-870-6226
• Click: TipSubmit.com
• Text: Send “NAMB” and your message to 274637
2:44 p.m. Deputies were called about a disturbance at an apartment complex in the 200 block of South Sharp Street.
6:52 p.m. Deputies were called about a bear in the 23100 block of Silverado Road in Oak Creek.
11 p.m. Police received a report of a vehicle making a loud noise in the 2900 block of Heavenly View. It was a tow truck taking away a car.
Total incidents: 65
- Steamboat officers had 43 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Routt County deputies had 16 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
- Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters responded to two calls for service.
- Oak Creek Fire Protection District firefighters responded to two calls for service.
- North Routt Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
- West Routt Fire Protection District firefighters responded to one call for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User