Alterra to acquire Crystal Mountain in Washington
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Alterra Mountain Co. announced Thursday that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Crystal Mountain Resort in Washington, according to a news release.
• California: Big Bear Mountain Resort, June Mountain, Mammoth Mountain and Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
• Colorado: Steamboat and Winter Park
• Utah: Deer Valley and Solitude Mountain Resort
• Vermont: Stratton
• Washington: Crystal Mountain Resort
• West Virginia: Snowshoe Mountain
• Canada: Blue Mountain, Ontario; Canadian Mountain Holidays, British Columbia; and Tremblant, Québec
Ikon Pass partners
• Colorado: Aspen Snowmass, Copper Mountain and Eldora
• Maine: Sugarloaf and Sunday River
• Michigan: Boyne Highlands and Boyne Mountain
• Montana: Big Sky Resort
• New Hampshire: Loon Mountain
• New Mexico: Taos Ski Valley
• Utah: Alta, Brighton Resort and Snowbird
• Vermont: Killington and Sugarbush
• Washington: The Summit at Snoqualmie
• Wyoming: Jackson Hole
• Australia: Thredbo, New South Wales; Mt. Buller, Victoria
• Canada: Cypress Mountain, British Columbia; Revelstoke Mountain Resort, British Columbia; and SkiBig3, Alberta
• Chile: Valle Nevado
• Japan: Niseko United
• New Zealand: Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt. Hutt
Crystal Mountain was independently owned by its President and CEO John Kircher, who bought the mountain in 2017 from Boyne Resorts. The purchase, which is expected to close in the fourth quarter, will bring Alterra to 14 resorts.
“Crystal Mountain is Washington’s premier destination and has been a favorite year-round destination for those in the greater Seattle-Tacoma area for years, and we are excited to include it in the Alterra Mountain Company family,” Alterra CEO Rusty Gregory was quoted as saying in the release.
Crystal Mountain, which offers 2,600 skiable acres, will have unlimited access on the Ikon Pass and Ikon Base Pass.
The Ikon Pass, which was created in January, now offers access to 36 resorts across three continents. The pass is a collaboration of Alterra, Aspen Skiing Co., Boyne, POWDR, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Alta Ski Area, Snowbird, SkiBig3, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Sugarbush Resort, Taos Ski Valley and Thredbo.
Steamboat skiers and snowboarders have the option of unlimited Steamboat Resort access on the Ikon Pass for $999 or five restricted days at Steamboat Resort on the Ikon Base Pass for $699. The Ikon Base Pass is blacked out from Dec. 26 to 31, Jan. 19 and 20 and Feb. 16 and 17. Both pass options include access to additional resorts.
For more information on access and pricing, go to IkonPass.com.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User