Almost hit by car: The Record for Friday, Nov. 2, 2018
November 3, 2018
Friday, Nov. 2, 2018
9:03 a.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers were called to a report of a fraud. A person received a call from someone who said they won the lottery and they needed to go to a parking lot with $200. The person did not fall for it.
5 p.m. Officers were called to check on the welfare of a woman and her son in the 1400 block of South Lincoln Avenue.
Keep up with the conditions:
• Find the latest forecast and recent weather stories here.
• View Steamboat webcams here.
• Find information from the National Weather Service, including storm warnings and advisories at wrh.noaa.gov
• The Colorado Department of Transportation provides road conditions, closures and traffic cameras at cotrip.org.
• For travel information by phone, call 511 (in Colorado) or dial 303-639-1111.
• Find information about avalanche danger and conditions from the Colorado Avalanche Information Center.
• For flight information, visit flightview.com/traveltools.
7:11 p.m. Officers were called to a report of a man passed out on a bus at Stock Bridge Transit Center. The man was released to a sober person.
8:25 p.m. Officers were called to a report of a person who was almost hit by a car in a crosswalk at Lincoln Avenue and 12th Street.
9:26 p.m. Officers were called to a report of a person who was almost hit by a car in a crosswalk at Eighth Street and Lincoln Avenue.
10:17 p.m. Officers were called to a report of a person who came home and found their door open in the first block of Cedar Court. Everything appeared to be fine.
•Steamboat police had 23 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
•The Routt County Sheriff's Office had 18 cases that included calls for service and officer-initiated incidents such as traffic stops.
•Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue responded to four calls for service.
•North Routt Fire Protection District responded to one call for service.
The Record offers a glimpse of police activity and is not a comprehensive report of all police activity. Calls such as domestic violence, sexual assaults and juvenile situations typically do not appear in The Record.