4-H shooters shine, headed to nationals
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — After a strong team-wide performance at the state championships, five local shooters are bound for the national 4-H shooting competition.
Kendra Halder qualified in three events, .22 rifle, air rifle and air pistol. Richard Hallenbeck and Michael Henry qualified in shotgun, Taylor Kirby qualified in .22 rifle and air rifle and Harrison Ashley qualified in compound archery.
That news came after a big weekend for the local 4-H clubs at the state championships.
There, the team had plenty of top results.
• The junior shotgun team, with Kai Lancaster, Mavrick Vietanen, Sawyer Vietanen, Jed Kirby and Hailey Minnick, was 10th in skeet, 11th in sporting clays and 14th in trap. The senior shotgun team, with Jack Colfer, Richard Hallenbeck, Michael Henry, Taylor Kirby, Tucker Limberg, Alex Thompson and Chase delaMater, was fourth in skeet, fifth in clays and 13th in trap.
• The .22 pistol junior team, with Spencer Ashley, Jed Kirby and Hailey Minnick, placed third, while the senior team, with Taylor Kirby and Chase delaMater, placed 10th.
• The .22 rifle junior team, with Jed Kirby, Kai Lancaster, Justin Stanko, Spence Ashley, Alex Colby, Hailey Minnick and Kalob More, was second in 4P sporter, third in 3P international and 9th in hunt scope.
• The senior team, with Taylor Kirby, Kendra Halder, Chase delaMater and Liam Yaconiello, was eighth in both 4P sporter and 3P international.
• The air rifle junior team, with Hailey Minnick, Jed Kirby, Spencer Ashley, Bridget Hazlett and Hailey Minnick, was third in 4P sporter, 8th in 3P precision and 8th in Olympic offhand. The senior team, with Taylor Kirby, Kendra Halder, Chase delaMater and Liam Yaconiello, was fourth in 4P sporter, seventh in utility, sixth in 3P precision and eighth in offhand.
• The air pistol team, with Spencer Ashley, Jed Kirby, Hailey Minnick and Bridget Hazlett, placed second.
In individual results, Jed Kirby was second in three events, third in five and also placed fourth, fifth, seventh and eighth in one each. Taylor Kirby was first and second once each, third twice, then fourth and seventh. Spencer Ashley was first once, second twice, third twice, fifth and sixth. Hailey Minnick was second twice, third twice and eighth. Alex Colby was second, third and eighth. Bridget Hazlett was second and third, Kai Lancaster second and sixth, Richard Hallenbeck third and 10th, Darrel Ebraugh second, Justin Stanko second, Michael Henry seventh and Harrison Ashley 10th.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User