Obituary: Lenny Brooks
November 26, 2018
Lenny Brooks was born in Denver. He graduated from George Washington High School in 1966 and attended Mesa University and Colorado State University soon after. In 1971 he worked for the Hayden Valley Press as a reporter and photographer. Soon after that he worked for the Steamboat Pilot where he met his wife, Gail, and in 1978 they married. Together they had 2 children, Dylan and Lincoln. They lived in Steamboat Springs from 1978 to 1993 where they started and ran a photography store, custom photo lab, and gallery called the F Stop. They subsequently lived and ran businesses in Grand Lake and Salida. Lenny is survived by his wife, two sons, 2 grand children (with a third on the way), 3 brothers, 2 sisters and many nephews and nieces. He will be greatly missed.
A memorial service will be held at the Brooks’ home near Maysville, CO on May 4th, 2019. Anyone that knew and appreciated Lenny’s humor and unique spirit is invited to stop by and share a Lenny story, help plant a tree, and visit with friends and family.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Steamboat to explore idea of moving Winter Carnival off Lincoln Avenue
- Routt County man suspected of molesting his children
- 3 Steamboat businesses targeted by bomb threats in nationwide scam
- Young Hayden cowboy rides to titles at Junior National Finals Rodeo
- Steamboat bear roaming mountain area in search of food, putting off winter hibernation