Obituary: Ivan M. Shupp, Jr.
July 24, 2018
June 14, 1945 — April 25, 2018
Ivan Merlin Shupp Jr, departed this life on April 25, 2018 at his residence after fighting a long battle with cancer. Ivan was born June 14, 1945 in Waynesville, Missouri to Ivan M. Shupp, Sr and Lillie (Moore) Shupp. After is discharge from service during WWII; Ivan Sr. brought his family to live in his home town of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Ivan Jr. spend much of his youth helping his Father and Mother on the Ben Monger ranch near Elk Mountain. He was very active in 4-H, Church and the DeMolay.
Ivan, Jr. graduated from the Steamboat Springs High School in 1964 and on January 30, 1965 he married his high school sweet heart, Gladys Penelope Wheeler. He worked as a truck driver/equipment operator for County Road Department for many years and continued driving trucks and heavy equipment until his retirement. Ivan and Penny owned and operated the Hilltop Car Wash from 2002 to 2009. After the sale of the Car Wash they moved to a small ranch at Mt. Harris near Hayden.
Ivan is survived by his wife Penny; two daughters, L. Samantha (George) Evans, and Auna I. (Steve) Mills; his son, Leon I. Shupp; 8 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren.
Join us for a celebration of life Saturday August 4th at 1pm. It will be held at the ranch, 15100 Hwy 40 Hayden. We will be having hamburgers and hotdogs and sharing memories.
Trending In: Obituaries
- A big step for tiny homes: Routt County Planning Commission approves Milner project
- Lift ticket price hits record high at Steamboat Resort
- Man suspected of stealing a Steamboat bus arrested in Utah
- Tom Ross: Pine Grove Road before it was paved
- Hayden junior honors late head coach Chad Jones with berth to his first state final; Soroco’s Logan advances to finals for fourth time