Obituary: Ed Schicktanz
February 18, 2019
Aug. 30, 1954 — Feb. 2, 2019
Ed Schicktanz, 64 of San Marcos, California.
Ed was born in Roswell, New Mexico to Doug and Treva Schicktanz. Ed graduated from Buena High School in Ventura, California. He attended San Diego State. It was in San Diego that he met the love of his life, Connie Zulevich. They were married in Steamboat Springs, Colorado in 1980. They had a beautiful daughter Jennifer, born in 1988.
Ed's passions were cooking, barbequing, being with friends and family, and of course the beach.
Ed is survived by his wife Connie, daughter Jennifer, his brother Mark and wife Jill Schicktanz of San Marcos, CA, his sister Laura and husband Dave Strople of Houston TX. His brother and sister in-law, Ron and Becky Goodrich, and brother and sister in-law Jim and Sue Zulevich of Steamboat Springs, CO. Many cousins, Nieces and Nephews.
A celebration of Life will be held for Ed on March 9, 2019 at the Decoy Pavilion in San Marcos at 4:00 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Donations can be made to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Chris Hahn remembered for his humor, benevolence
- Man jumps from gondola: The Record for Thursday, March 21, 2019
- Feeding wildlife harms, not helps, Colorado wildlife officials warn
- Mad Rabbit project still contentious, but Routt Recreation Roundtable works toward compromise
- Steamboat lacrosse player’s father dies during game Tuesday night