John Joseph Hatch, Jr.
January 9, 2018
August 1, 1950 – October 5, 2017
Friends and family across the country are celebrating the life and mourning the death of a very special man, John Joseph Hatch, Jr. of Camp Hill, PA and Steamboat Springs CO who passed away October 5, 2017. John was a powerfully good man; a wise and supportive friend and companion, a natural athlete; full of fun and always ready for adventure.
He was born August 1, 1950, in Norristown, PA to the late John and Peg (McGrath) Hatch. He worked for Reynolds and Reynolds; then owned and managed real estate and was a ski instructor at Roundtop Mountain and Steamboat Springs in the second half of his career.
He is survived by his brother, Patrick (wife Hyon) Hatch, sisters Barbara (husband Dan) Murnane, Ellie (husband Jay) Hashmall, and Kate (husband Dave) Poust. His nieces, nephews, cousins, and many amazing dear friends provided extraordinary care, comfort and fun during John's illness.
John's family invites his friends to join them in remembrance and a celebration of his life on Sunday, January 14 from 4 to 6 p.m. at The Grand in Steamboat.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Catholic Relief Services, or the Greg and Cathy Griffith Foundation (for Pancreatic Cancer Research).
Recommended Stories For You
To sign the guestbook, please visit http://www.HoffmanFH.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Iconic Steamboat auctioneer Cookie Lockhart says everything must go
- Steamboat Resort gets final Forest Service approval for additional lifts, expanded terrain
- Steamboat woman recovering after series of strokes, heart attack
- Former Wing-Time owner hoping his new venture will take flight
- Routt County real estate sales total $12.6M for Oct. 5 to 11, 2018