Patsy Lorraine May
October 23, 2016
Patsy Lorraine Potter May was born September 28, 1931, to Everet and Ozzie (McClaken) Potter in Smith County, Kansas.
The Potters moved to Hillrose where her father was a tenant farmer and her mother was a housewife. She was the oldest of eight children.
Patsy married Rue May in April of 1949. Rue was in the oilfield and they traveled a lot until 1958. They moved to Craig and decided not to move again. Patsy was very involved with the community. She was awarded Woman of the Year twice. Other awards include the Sunshine Award. She and Rue were instrumental in starting Craig Appreciation Days.
She worked at the Golden Rule Store for over 20 years, then started her own store, Patsy Shoes & Such.
Patsy was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Rue; an infant son, Mathew; and her brothers Dwayne, Dale and his wife Jan, and Jim.
She is survived by her children, Bonnie and Mike; one grandchild, Sheryl; five great-grandchildren; three great-great-grandchildren; brothers, Dick (Sandy) Potter, Harold Potter, and Bob (Susan) Potter; sister, Wanda Evans; and sisters-in-law, JoAnn and Rita.
She will be so missed by all her family, extended family, and friends.
Please donate to First Congregational Churches June and Craig, and also to Hospice instead of flowers.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Steamboat tennis icon Jim Swiggart dies at 69
- Funding for direct summer Houston flight the first casualty of 2A not passing
- Steamboat resident Mark Satkiewicz back home and alive after near-death experience
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife removes sick mountain lion kitten from private home
- Man found in North Routt County remembered as ‘family man’