Gregory G. Rubish
March 22, 2016
Gregory G. Rubish (Greg) died 3/12/16 after a brief illness in Grand Junction, CO surrounded by his family. Greg was born in San Fernando, CA 12/22/1950 to the late Gene Rubish and Vivian Rubish, currently living in Grand Junction, CO.
He was employed in Grand Junction by the VA and TSA for the last 5 years. He also had his own custom painting company in Grand Junction for several years. His family bought property in Routt County in the early 60s and were responsible for developing Moonhill Meadows as well as other properties. He was active in the community for many years. He was employed in Steamboat Springs by the Steamboat Airport, the Hayden Airport, and as an EMT. He served as a volunteer fireman in Steamboat Springs and won many awards before injuring his back in the line of duty.
He had many hobbies including scuba diving, skydiving, jumping in several record breaking jumps, as well as hiking and fishing. He had many friends who also loved adventure.
He is also survived by his 2 older brothers, Don of Los Angeles, CA and Richard (Betty) Rubish of Glenwood Springs, CO and a nephew, Gregory Rubish of Santa Rosa, CA.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Iconic Steamboat auctioneer Cookie Lockhart says everything must go
- A survivor’s story: A positive outlook can aid recovery
- A survivor’s story: Focus on what’s important
- Former Wing-Time owner hoping his new venture will take flight
- Hunter trampled by horse rescued from Flat Tops Wilderness Area on Sunday