Steamboat Springs housing developments
There’s no better barometer of the local building climate than recent housing developments taking shape in the region. Here’s a rundown of current projects joining the new Sunlight subdivision west of town:
• The Reserves at Steamboat consists of 48 affordable two- and three-bedroom apartments on Steamboat’s west side. A partnership between the Yampa Valley Housing Authority and Overland Property Group, the apartments occupy 10 acres of YVHA-owned on lower Elk River Road.
• Flat Tops at Wildhorse Meadows is a residential community between town and the mountain, offering gondola access to the Steamboat Ski Resort. Homeowners can select from 21 two- to five-bedroom, single-family floor plans, with access to such amenities as a 25-meter lap pool, grotto hot tubs, fitness center, game room and gondola.
• Alpenglow Village is a new apartment complex on Steamboat’s south side, adjacent to Walgreens, built by the Yampa Valley Housing Authority and Overland Property Group. Funded in part with $13.5 million in low-income housing tax credits from the Colorado Housing Finance Authority, it will include three buildings containing 72 apartments targeted at low-and middle-income residents. Amenities will include a community garden, play area for kids, basketball court, fitness center, picnic areas and natural space near Fish Creek.
• Urban Street at the Mountain, developed by JSM, is located next to Wildhorse Meadows on Owl Hoot Trail and includes 24 triplexes, eight duplexes and 12 rowhouses. Featuring mountainmodern architecture blending big-city style with small-town charm, it offers a variety of layouts in two-, three- and fourbedroom configurations, with open floor plans, full-height windows, luxury finishes, garages, roof top decks and more.
• Sunlight Crossing on the north side of U.S. Highway 40 near Sunlight Drive is the Yampa Valley Housing Authority’s third affordable housing project. Construction will begin in 2021, creating 90 housing units for households earning 80% to 120% of the local median income.
• Fox Springs is Steamboat’s newest condo neighborhood, located at the corner of Hilltop Parkway and U.S. 40. Developed by Kreissig Homes, it will include six contemporary three-story buildings set on a circular drive, featuring 50 two-bedroom, two-bath, 1,000-square-foot condominiums with two-car garages.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User