Valentine’s Day events across Routt County
• WholeHeartedly Hayden Chocolate Festival — Hayden, 3 to 6 p.m.
Hayden businesses will be offering chocolate delicacies to the public. http://www.haydencolorado.com.
• Moonlight snowshoe tour — Howelsen Hill, 5 to 7 p.m.
Yampatika hosts the tours for those ages 12 and older. $20. Registration is required to 970-871-9151.
• Moonshine Ski & Dine — Catamount Ranch Lakehouse and Touring Center, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Food, drinks, a silent auction as well as world-class cross-country skiing and snowshoeing under a full moon. All proceeds benefit Rocky Mountain Youth Corps programs. $50 per person. For tickets, call 970-879-2135. 30065 Waters Edge Trail.
• Valentine Happy Hour Soiree — Bud Werner Memorial Library, 5:30 p.m.
Join the Steamboat Chamber Singers for a love and harmony event. $20. Appetizers and drinks are provided. 970-846-2969. Library Hall, 1289 Lincoln Ave.
• Valentine’s Day Torchlight parade and fireworks show — Steamboat Ski Area, 6 to 6:30 p.m.
• Couple’s night — Splatz Canvas and Wine, 6:30 p.m.
Includes canvas, paint and first glass of wine or beer. $60 per couple. Reservations can be made by calling 970-871-7904. 1104 Lincoln Ave.
• Valentine’s Day full moon ski/snowshoe stroll and lantern lighting — Oak Creek, 7 p.m.
FREE. Rossi Meadow Trail, 500 Bell Ave. More information at Oak Creek Town Hall and by calling 970-736-2422.
• Darrell Scott Band and Tim O’Brien Valentine’s Day show— Strings Music Pavilion, 7:30 p.m.
Tickets start at $40. 900 Strings Road.
• Chamberlin Birch— Sweetwater Grill, 8 p.m.
Jody Feeley and Brad Rasmussen play contemporary rock, country and originals. FREE. 811 Yampa St. 970-879-9500.
• McEuen Presents: A Nitty Gritty Valentine — Chief Theater, 8 p.m.
$25. http://www.chieftheater.org. 813 Lincoln Ave.
• “The Vagina Monologues” — Off the Beaten Path Bookstore, 8 p.m.
Doors open at 7:15 p.m. Proceeds benefit Advocates Building Peaceful Communities and The Global V-Day Campaign. $20. Seating is limited. Order tickets by calling 970-879-6830. 68 Ninth St.
• Leaner, Lunker and Friends — Hahn’s Peak Roadhouse, 8:30 p.m.
Longtime Steamboat musicians Leaner, Lunker and Friends perform music from the 1950s through today’s hits. FREE. 970-879-4404. 60880 Routt County Road 129.
• Heart Beats: A Valentine’s Day Dance Party — The Ghost Ranch, 9:30 p.m.
Maya Amack (5270 Crew, Denver), Dylan (Dirty Funk Squad, Denver), Vinja (Addictech Records), Theory (Ghetdown Network) and Essell (Ghetdown Network). Sound, lights and visuals by the Ghetdown Network. $5 at the door. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to LIFT-UP of Routt County. 56 Seventh St.
• DJ Ricky Prime — The Tap House Sports Grill, 10 p.m.
FREE. 970-879-2431. 729 Lincoln Ave.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Steamboat and Routt County make the Steamboat Pilot & Today’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — The beauty of pickleballs is they’re highly decoratable — that is, very easy to decorate. The light, hard plastic, porous balls are perfect for art projects and particularly, ornaments.