Town Challenge race postponed a week
Wednesday’s Thunderhead Hill Climb delayed because of wet trail conditions
June 15, 2010
Steamboat Springs — The Town Challenge Mountain Bike Race Series event set for today has been pushed back a week. The race — the Thunderhead Hill Climb — originally was scheduled for 5:30 p.m. today.
Series Director Gretchen Sehler said after inquiring to see whether they could do the race, they made the decision to put it off a week. The logging operations at Steamboat Ski Area just finished, and the trails still are wet and muddy. Because no one could pre-ride the course, Sehler said moving the race to June 23 seemed like the best plan.
"All the trails have been closed up there," she said about Mount Werner. "With the snow up high, it was just a decision we made instead of scrambling and maybe pulling it off."
— To reach Luke Graham, call 871-4229 or e-mail email@example.com
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Economist: Smartwool departure a ‘hiccup’ in local outdoor recreation industry
- Water release allows Yampa River to reopen to recreation, with restrictions
- Hayden tiny home project becoming a reality
- Man seriously injured in South Routt motorcycle crash
- Former Steamboat resident gets 18 years in prison for murder of husband