Steamboat’s Anna Marno falls in giant slalom race in Switzerland
February 3, 2011
Steamboat Springs — Steamboat Springs Alpine skier Anna Marno did not finish Wednesday in the giant slalom race at the Junior World Alpine Ski Championships in Crans-Montana, Switzerland.
Just a day after registering the top American finish in the downhill, Marno had trouble navigating Wednesday's course.
Abby Ghent, of Edwards, was the top U.S. finisher in 29th.
Sweden's Sara Hector won the race, with Italy's Lisa Magdalena Agerer in second and Switzerland's Wendy Holdener in third.
Marno has two more events, a slalom today and a super G on Saturday.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- 2 Craig residents face distribution charges after being caught with suspected meth in Routt County
- Sheraton transition expected to impact food services next summer
- Former Moffat County High School teacher, coach, acquitted on child sexual exploitation charges
- Steamboat bear roaming mountain area in search of food, putting off winter hibernation
- Letter: No need for Steamboat over-capacity schools